12/20/2015 10:24 AM
2015-2016 Winter Program
Being part of LI Spartans Football is an honor. It's a rare opportunity for the best players on Long Island to play together and represent the region. These special teams develop and play together year after year at an elevated level of competition, and form bonds that transcend recreational leagues. Spartans players have received more awards in their local leagues than their peers, and the majority have gone on to play in the FBU National Championship, IV Star Showcase Games, and more. With a strong staff of coaches and trainers, and an influential network of high school and college coaches; the future is bright for Spartans players.
Two Options For Winter
(Choose one or both!)
1. Try out for a Spartans Competitive Indoor Team and compete in 10 game season
2. Participate in the Winter Training Program (open to the public)
Competitive Indoor Teams
AGES: 8U - 15U
The Spartans have 7 teams registered for competitive and instructional 8-on-8 play
Indoor season includes 10 games, playoffs, and championship:
• The team competes in the Long Island Youth Indoor Football League.
• Spartans players are recruited from all over Long Island.
• The format is 8-on-8.
• Practices are held Indoors and Outdoors. Locations are Walt Whitman High School, West Hills Day Camp, Sports Hub in Syosset, Gymnastics Plus in Commack, Northsports in Northport, East Northport Middle School, Salvation Army in East Northport, Coastal Sports in Hauppauge, and other locations on Long Island.
• 1 weekly practice, usually held on Monday nights or Saturday mornings.
• Games start Friday December 11, and run 10 weeks with playoffs and championships.
• Games are held Monday, and Friday evenings. (schedule provided before the season starts)
• Games are held at Coastal Sports in Hauppague, and Hofstra University.
All players receive:
Equipment & Gear:
· Custom Spartans jersey
· Game Pants
· Spartans water bottle
Players are required to provide their own mouthpieces, cups, and cleats.
Instruction & Training:
· Program directed by Former Penn State/Pittsburgh Steelers Linebacker, Gerald Filardi
· Experienced coaches and trainers from Boston College, UMASS, William & Mary, Cortland, Ohio State, UNH, and more.
· 1 weekly practice
· Free admission to Spartans winter clinics and mini camps
Does not include
• Fee for indoor facility. (this is typically $5-$15 per player - when we practice outside there is no fee)
• The Winter Training Program - includes speed & agility and additional technical training. See below.
LI Spartans Winter Training Program
If you will not be playing on one of our winter indoor teams, you can still participate in our exclusive winter training sessions! The Spartans Winter Training Program is a 10 session program that focuses on strength and conditioning in a competitive environment. Trainers from REVO Athletics and Dynamic Football Training will take players through 1hr workouts where they will work on football specific training and individual conditioning to build overall athletic ability.
To register for the Spartans Winter League or Training Program, please click here.